History of our church
CHARIS MISSIONARY CHURCH was started in Limpopo Venda on 2nd April 1989 with the foundation and purpose of its existence centered on the following 5-columns.
- Worship God in Spirit and in Truth
- Communicate the Gospel through Evangelism
- Educate Gods people through discipleship making mission
- Grow strong fellowship & partnership by making new members a part of the family
- Serve the world through poverty alleviation instruments.
Implementation of these pillars facilitates the fulfillment of CMC vision, “to go throughout the whole world doing missionary work thereby also fulfilling that which CHRIST himself sent us to do as believers.
Mark 16:15 and he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.[/blockquote]
The Church was founded by the late Apostle and Dr NL Khorommbi of Sibasa Makwarela. The name is derived from the scripture, “Titus 2:11 for the grace of GOD that brings salvation has appeared to all men” which forms a slogan for the church. The word CHARIS is originated from the Greek word KARIS, meaning GRACE.
Vision and Mission
CMC looks at fulfilling its mandate as it service to the Lord Christ by following this pillars set out as core Visions.
Charis in Tembisa
In 1999 Charis was started in Tembisa Zone 10 as a